Guidance about radon

Advice for home owners

High levels of radon gas in the home can increase the risk of lung cancer. For this reason the UK Government recommends that radon should be kept below 200 Bqm-3 (annual average) in domestic properties to avoid radon problems. If you think you might have a radon problem, contact us at UK Radon.


You can measure the levels in your home using electronic monitors or radon detectors. UK Radon Ltd can help you monitor the levels in your home using either electronic monitors or passive detectors.
>>Go to Monitoring

Remediation and getting a quote

We further support home owners and tenants, by providing advice, including survey visits and email consultations. Once a solution is identified and quoted for UK Radon Ltd can install a range of radon protection solutions.
>>Go to Remediation

Post-fitment servicing and the Radon Shop

Once fitted UK Radon Ltd can service and monitor the performance of your radon system, and supply spare parts.
>>Go to Servicing


Buying or selling a home

The first time most people hear about radon gas these days is when buying or selling a property.
>>Go to Buying or selling
Get the fact sheet. >> Go to Publications

Health and safety in the workplace

Employers are obliged by law to keep their workforce safe from radon in the workplace. UK law states that radon levels should be kept below 300 Bqm-3 in the workplace, and compliance to this law is enforced by the HSE.
>>Find out how employers can easily comply with UK legislation

Other useful organisations

Radon is a risk to both householders and in the workplace, where long exposure to high levels of radon can cause lung cancer. UK Radon Ltd focuses on radon monitoring and remediation support. Other organisations focus on aspects that UK Radon Ltd does not specialise in, such as the health risks of radon.

Go to Useful organisations

UK Radon Ltd media and publications

UK Radon Ltd offers a range of information leaflets and videos which can be useful to both householders and employers concerned with radon in their property.

Go to Publications